Monday, January 24, 2011

Duck Walkin' Junk Food Eatin' Fool

For a while now my mom has been going to a lot of different doctors, for a lot of different reasons, and they do a lot of different tests on her.  It would take me hours just to tell all the things that she's been through.  So I'll just skip most of it and get to the reason I'm writing.

She's been going to physical therapy for her pelvis.  While there, the therapist told her that she doesn't walk the way you're "supposed" to walk.  She walks with her feet out when you should be walking with them forward.  That leads to knee problems later in life apparently, for those who didn't know.  I guess you're supposed to stand that way too.  Anyway, she comes home and tells me all of this.  Then I realized that I walk like a duck too.  That sucks.
Ever since then I've been seriously focusing on how I walk.  You might not think it, but it's hard!  I work at a restaurant and I find myself focusing so much on each step I take that I actually forget what table I'm going to with what food.  I look pretty stupid going back and forth with my arms full of food because I've forgotten the numbers again.  And you don't really want to admit to anyone that the reason you've been so dumb lately is because you're trying to re-teach yourself how to walk  :S

Another thing I've been trying to do is eat healthier foods.  I have a major sweet tooth.  Not good.  Especially since I'm still trying to get rid of this bleepin' baby fat.  I swear to you my belly is just like cottage cheese (sexy right?).  Well, the fact of this matter is, it's just not working out so hot.  I know that I know how to eat healthy, it's just having the motivation. I need more exercise too.  That's everyone's New Year's Resolution.  Most people fall through... me most likely being one of them.  It's kind of funny and pathetic because I sit and I wonder why.  Why, oh why, can I not get this baby belly to go away (as I sit there eating Doritos and a Zinger)?  It just doesn't make sense...

Oh life....  maybe once I learn how to walk right everything else will fall into place.  Maybe this whole duck walking thing is throwing everything else outta whack and once I finally fit in with all the "normal" walkers I'll normal walk that baby fat right off.  Ha!

That would be awesome....

No comments:

Post a Comment